My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
c'est la vie.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Alex & Sam @ Tangiers



this is why i enjoy taking the time to find new music because once in a while I find music that I will listen to for the rest of my life: Alex & Sam (website)
I don't know about you but I categorize my music accordingly (just a sample of my playlist titles): Music for Running, Music for Dancing, Music for Partying, Island Music (if i was deserted on an island what music would i bring and i'd be happy). Alex & Sam make great music together they're definitely on my Island Music Playlist...not only do you get Alex & Sam you get an entire band that brings the accordion, a trumpet, drums, vocals, bass, and keyboards ...if you don't already know I'm biased towards music that hits your soul...Alex & Sam's music hit you so hard you'll have to take many moments to remember to breathe.



they have a residency at Tangiers on Hillhurst so for the entire month of February you have a chance to check out this band ($10/ticket)...you will not be disappointed...The Tangiers has a back room for their live shows it's what you would expect from a speakeasy without all the secondhand smoke, organized crime and corruption...
as bad as your day could ever be the music of Alex & Sam make it better..they're what's good on this at sometimes ugly world...if you haven't heard of Alex & Sam you will and very soon..



the end.

i also wanted to post this second video to show the kind of message Alex & Sam give..it's strong but it doesn't enrage you...it makes you think and feel all in a cool, calm and collective state:

1 comment:

Albert said...

Excellent review. I didn't think they would have a full band with them, based on the myspace cuts I heardfrom them. Now thanks to your blog I feel like I missed out!

And do they really allow smoking in that back room?