My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
c'est la vie.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008




this is a picture from my cellphone...as you can see i'm in amoeba and to my delight Liam Finn was performing...i was in the electronica aisle and Liam Finn was announced so I went over and I enjoyed a great in store performance...as you can probably tell from the picture well probably not there were only two performers on stage: Liam Finn and E-J but from the songs they perform it sounds like an entire band is on stage....Liam Finn creates an instrumental layering effect by using a looping effects pedal so he'll record (on stage) a guitar riff and loop it and then move to the drums record that and move back to the guitar for a badass guitar solo while E-J records the bridge...it's pretty cool to see and hear and i enjoyed it..



The surprise of the show: Liam and E-J ran off stage to look at the total lunar eclipse and of course they didn't leave the audience hanging:

..my favorite part liam comes back and pounds on the drums...sweet!


a Hives Jam

some of his songs i didn't get because i couldn't understand what he was saying (there was a lot of screaming of the lyrics) out of the six or so songs he sang there were probably two that caught my ear and got me moving...but for the most part i was glad to have seen them through a free in store performance at amoeba...just not my cup of tea.

No comments: