My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
c'est la vie.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jim Bianco



my first encounter with Jim Bianco happened at the Bordello Bar (which during the beginnings of the city of Los Angeles was a brothel)...when i was a little girl I had only two dreams: 1. That someday my children won't be judge by the color of their skin but by the content of their character; 2. I would meet and fall in love with the man of my dreams all on the same night....present day reality check: we're still working on the former and someday it WILL happen as for the latter I found him in the form of Jim Bianco...granted the meeting part hasn't officially happened but with certainty i've fallen in love. now granted i haven't had the slightest idea about the character of Jim Bianco but i know his music and if his music is any indication of Jim Bianco then i'm sold (no pun intended) ...and so it happened on the eve of the next morning the very sweet music of Jim Bianco bestowed upon my ears, mind, body and soul...his raspy voice deteriorated from a chain-smoking-bottle-swigging evening off the wagon all the while hunched over any old upright...now i can't promote any of his actions but you get the whole great horn spoon package with Jim Bianco...just sexy.

members of the group include: Professor Beeg (clarinets, accordions, trumpets, producer, etcetera...), THe P.I.P (skins), Joe Easy (doublebass), The Ubiquitious Kenny Lyon (guitars), Matty D (sax and what-nots),

March 4, 2008 Jim Bianco is releasing his new album, "Sing," which i'm uber excited about he will also appear (where i won't be too far behind) at Amoeba Records Hollywood In Store Performance. can't say to go because Jim Bianco's music is best served in a dimly-lit-feel-the-heartbeat-of-the-person-standing-next-to-you -while-holding-a-jack-and-ginger kind of venue...Amoeba just isn't that intimate but still worth going to. I will also see Jim Bianco at the Hotel Cafe Tour on April 12th at the Henry Fonda Theater (did i mention my disdain for the ticketmaster convenient charges)






No comments: